We will continue the vague topic of hardware hacking, with a night of hacking random shitty devices. Got a cloud-enabled juicer that you want to run Doom? Want to turn your BB-8 into a haptic controller? Or just curious which particular cloud is snarfing up pictures from your baby monitor?
So the vague plan is:
- bring along a Internet of (shit) thing device
- Let's get together in groups and try to break stuff
What makes a good target?
- IP cameras, toys, home automation, voice agents, fitness gear, etc etc
- Something with a lot of attack surface (web interface? companion app? debugging ports, connects to the internet etc)
- Maybe something you have started looking at already - so you have some progress to share (but not necessarily)
- bonus points to someone who sets up my baby monitor for me _without_ routing my video through the gosh dang cloud
The organizer will bring a bunch of stuff to attack, so feel free to just bring yourself (and your laptop so you can play along).