Several board roles will become vacant in November 2018. This is your opportunity get more involved with your Chapter and the information security community by expressing your interest for a board governance role. See later in this post for how to express your interest and the prerequisites.
We thank the current directors for their long service to the chapter. The following two roles will become open and are mandatory Chapter roles to maintain the chapter in good standing:
- The Treasurer role, which is currently filled by Ken Brandt, is a director level role that looks after the chapter finances, as well as shares in the overall governance responsibilities of the chapter such as organising meetings, speakers and venues and driving Chapter initiatives.
- The Director of Membership role, which is currently filled by Chapter Co-founder Mark Burns, is a director level role that looks after the chapter rosters and communication and member affairs, as well as sharing in the overall governance responsibilities of the chapter such as organising meetings, speakers and venues and driving Chapter initiatives.
- The Director of Marketing and Media role, which is currently filled by Dhananjaya ‘DJ’ Naronikar, is a director level role that promotes the chapter externally, informing the community and the media including external messaging and social media, LinkedIn discussions, advertising. The role is vacant due to DJ’s appoint
The board may establish additional roles beyond those above, based on need and interest, including roles that do not require all the prerequisites below.
We are also seeking committee members to help drive our initiatives and operational aspects of the chapter, with guidance from one or director. So if the above roles are not your cup of tea, feel free to express your interest to assist in event calendar management, Safe & Secure Online and more.
Prerequisites - Expressing your interest for director roles
- Commit to the chapter in the role for at least one year
- Be an (ISC)2 full member (not just a Chapter member) in good standing throughout the directorship term. A full member means holding at least the CISSP credential
- Willingness to be listed as a legal chapter officer with Consumer Affairs Victoria (Treasurer role only)